I wash her hair every 7-10 days, usually on the weekend in advance of it being styled on the Monday.
- Detangle with a detangling product
- Deep condition for 3-5 minutes
- Apply leave in conditioner, then style
- To style I either braid/twist it or leave it in a fro
Maintenance and Styling
- I keep Miss E’s hair in a protective style during the week to keep it tangle free. Mostly I canerow or twist her hair. On weekends the style is taken out for washing and is then left in a free flowing state to give it a break and switch things up. I usually keep it tidy using a headband, or turban.
- I spritz her hair with water and apply a cream based moisturiser every other day to keep it moisturised.
- As she is still too young for a scarf or bonnet, her left is left uncovered at night. She sleeps on a satin crib sheet to protect her hair.
- I try not to comb through her hair outside of her haircare days. I detangle using a mixture of my fingers, the Tangle Teezer and a detangling product.
- Well Baby Infant Liquid by Vitabiotics
- Dairy Free Probiotics for babies
- Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Shampoo
- Dr Bronners Castille Soap
- Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Masque
- NXS Nature Intense Moisturising Lotion
- Anita Grant Creamy Café Latte Leave-in Detangle Conditioner Unscented
- Curls Curl Creme Brule
- Anita Grant Aloe Vera Seaweed Gel
- Coconut oil
- Shea Butter Cottage Whipped Shea
- Anita Grant Organic Sapote Shea
- Tangle Teezer