My hairapist (i.e. MoHair) says I need to find some other way to satisfy my urge to buy hair products. The only thing I could think of was to make a list of products I’m crushing on then convince you guys to buy it in a twisted form of vicarious gratification. Yeah I know it makes no sense but work with me people. I’m calling it Dairy of a Mad Black Product Junkie and each week I’ll bring you a list of products I’m trying not to buy. Then I want you guys to let me know in the comments section if you succumb and buy any of them, if you already have in the past and most importantly what you thought of it.
This week I’m really feeling deep treatments. I don’t know why, but I really like deep conditioners. I like the idea of an intensive product busily fixing all the damage caused by the nonsense I sometimes subject my hair to. Whilst logically I know there is no magic product that can fix all hair woes, deep treatments somehow come the closest to that ideal.
1. As I am Hydration Elation – Ever since I discovered this brand on Naturally Curly, I’ve been plotting all the ways I could get my hands on the products without having to pay stupid shipping or customs charges. I haven’t gotten any further than the idea of stuffing myself in my husband’s suitcase the next time he goes to the US…I’ll keep working on it shall I? This conditioner contains a powerhouse of ingredients that make me salivate with wanting.
2. Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Hair Treatment – Why do I want this? It’s from the deep dark jungles of the Amazon Rain Forest where the cure for cancer and really annoying people is yet to be found….what more could you want from a product?? I recently read this excellent article by the Beauty Brains on why plain old coconut Oil is probably as good as Ojon hair treatment. Instead of putting me off, perverse creature that I am, it just made me want it more…I know I need help.
3. Redken All Soft Heavy Cream – Every review I’ve ever come across for this product says it makes your hair super soft. I like my hair super soft, in fact I actively reprimand my hair when it fails to meet its softness quota. The only time when softness is not required from my hair is well…..never!
4. Anita Grant Rhassoul Deep Condish – Read the ingredients list and I DARE you not to lust after this product….go on I DOUBLE DARE YOU!!
5. Pureology Hydrate HydraCure – I don’t actually have a good reason for wanting this product, I’m just a product junkie!
6. Kérastase Oléo Relax Nuit Masque – Every time I go blog surfing I come across someone extolling the wonders of Kerastase. I have to admit it does look wondrous….as in wondrously expensive. I’ve thus far managed to avoid temptation but I always feel like I’m missing out on a really great party. You know… the one EVERYONE talks about for months, even years afterwards.
7. Redken Smooth Down Treat – See number 3 but for softness read smoothness!
8. Mizani True Textures™ Curl Replenish Intense Moisturizing Mask – In short, I want it because I’ve tried pretty much every other Mizani product and I don’t see why this one should be left out. I believe in equality!!
So my lovelies, which have you bought, are going to buy or think I’m crazy for wanting? Let your girl know below!
14 Jul 2015